Additional InformationA pair of JBL® SP6CII in-ceiling loudspeakers offers any home true JBL-quality sound without taking up valuable floor or shelf space. The SP6CII’s 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) titanium-laminate, low-frequency woofer delivers exceptional bass, while a swivel-mounted, titanium-laminate tweeter produces accurate, clear high-frequency output. A proprietary waveguide and 80 watts of power handling ensure that the SP6CII distributes sound evenly and smoothly. Movies sound more enveloping within your home theater, and your favorite music comes alive throughout the house. Shallow mounting depths increase your installation options; and the SP6CII’s paintable frame and grille let the in-ceiling loudspeakers blend into any room decor.
A pair of JBL® SP6CII in-ceiling loudspeakers offers any home true JBL-quality sound without taking up valuable floor or shelf space. The SP6CII’s 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) titanium-laminate, low-frequency woofer delivers exceptional bass, while a swivel-mounted, titanium-laminate tweeter produces accurate, clear high-frequency output. A proprietary waveguide and 80 watts of peak power handling ensure that the SP6CII distributes sound evenly and smoothly.
At a Glance:
25 – 80 watts suggested amplifier power range
6-1/2" (165mm) titanium-laminate cone for enhanced bass response
Detailed high-frequency sound reproduction
Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) waveguide for “sit-anywhere” sound
Low profile and easy installation
Paintable grille and frame
What's in the Box:
(2) SP6CII speakers with grilles
(2) Mounting Template
(2) Paint Shields
(1) Owner's Manual
- 25 – 80 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the SP6CII in-ceiling loudspeaker to produce accurate, enveloping sound from an AVR (audio/video receiver) or amplifier capable of delivering up to 80 watts of power.
- 6-1/2" (165mm) titanium-laminate cone for enhanced bass response
- Realistic reproduction of music requires clean, undistorted low frequencies. The JBL SP6CII in-ceiling loudspeaker features a 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) titanium-laminate woofer cone that offers great stiffness for low distortion. Rubber surrounds ensure durability, while extended polepieces produce deep, powerful bass with little distortion. The result is enveloping, satisfying audio reproduction from the bottom up.
- Detailed high-frequency sound reproduction
- The SP6CII in-ceiling loudspeaker’s thin but rigid 1-inch (25-millimeter) titanium-laminate tweeter delivers accurate, clear high-frequency response, even at elevated volume levels. The tweeter’s swivel-mount means that you can direct high frequencies exactly where you want them.
- Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal (EOS) waveguide for “sit-anywhere” sound
- Forget about “sweet spots.” With proprietary JBL Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal (EOS) waveguide technology, your whole room becomes a perfect listening position. Originally designed for JBL Professional LSR studio monitors, the SP6CII in-ceiling loudspeaker’s EOS waveguide distributes sound evenly throughout the playback area.
- Low profile and easy installation
- With a mounting depth of just 4-1/4 inches (108 millimeters) and weighing only 4.5 pounds (2.0 kilograms), the lightweight, space-saving SP6CII in-ceiling loudspeaker offers maximum installation flexibility. A cutting template and integrated dog-ear brackets accommodate retrofit applications, while rough-in frames are available for new construction.
- Paintable grille and frame
- The JBL SP6CII in-ceiling loudspeakers offer outstanding performance, but that doesn’t mean that they have to stand out in a room. You can paint the frames and grilles so that the loudspeakers match your ceiling color and decor. You’ll hardly notice SP6CIIs – until you turn them on.
Manuals & Downloads:
- SoundPoint Series
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Frequency Response
- (-10dB) 40Hz– 20kHz
- (2.83V@1m) 88dB
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- Crossover Frequencies
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 1" titanium-laminate dome, w/swivel mount
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 6-1/2" titanium-laminate cone w/rubber surround
Afmetingen / Gewicht:
- Mounting Depth (mm)
- Mounting Depth (in)
- Weight (lb)
- External Width (mm)
- External Width (in)
- Weight (kg)
SP6CII heeft als beoordeling van de 5 door 1.
Rated 5 van de 5 door gepetto uit Excellent product, excellent service! Purchasing from Harman was a pleasant experience throughout. From the technical advice I received to the immediate shipping, I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you!
Datum plaatsing: 2016-12-23
Can these be used for outdoor, installed in patio ceiling?
These speakers are designed for use indoors. In theory, these can be used outdoors by a patio ceiling, but it does not have built-in protection against exposure to the elements, so we do not recommend it.
Datum plaatsing: 2018-09-12
Thinking of buying these and SP8II for a home theatre setup.. use the SP6II for rear surround. Is that the right application? do these come with grills / covers? also what center channel would go with these speakers?
The SP6CII comes with grilles upon purchase. You can pair the SP6CII with any of the dedicated center channels on our website on this link: https://www.jbl.com/loudspeakers/
Datum plaatsing: 2018-09-08
What is the IP rating on these speakers? Are they Fully Weather resistant?
Thank you for your question. The JBL SP6CII are not IP rated and are strictly in-door/ in-ceiling speakers.
Datum plaatsing: 2018-08-18
Newbie in HTS. Is it advisable/OK to have SP8II (In-Wall 100w) and SP6CII (In-Ceiling 80w) on a 7.2 HTS? If OK, will an amplifier able to deliver 80W and 100w for these 2 speaker types? Any issues you see. Thanks in advance.
You can definitely connect the JBL SP8II and JBL SP6II on a 7.2 capable receiver as long as the receiver can support an 8 ohm load. The JBL SP8II can take up to 100Wrms and the JBL SP6II can take up to 80Wrms. You would need to look for an amplifier that is rated at 80W or 100W per channel for you to maximize the speakers. It is the amplifier that dictates the wattage and it is the speaker that dictates the impedance (ohms).
Datum plaatsing: 2018-06-09
Whats the difference between those and SP6II?
You can use either speaker for in-wall or in-ceiling application. The only reason the SP6CII is considered an in-ceiling speaker is because of its mounting dimension. Walls are not as deep as ceilings. Since the SP6CII has more depth than the SP6II, it may not fit inside most walls. Also the SP6II is rectangular in shape, while the SP6CII is circular.
Datum plaatsing: 2018-05-11
What is the dispersion, or "coverage angle" of these SP6Cii speakers?
We have never measured or published the dispersion of our in-wall/ceiling speakers. For the most part these speakers are designed and used for home audio general listening, in which case, this spec has never been needed.
Datum plaatsing: 2018-06-08
Hello. I have a Harman Kardon AVR 1510 S (375W, 5.1 channel), wich provides 75w per channel. Can I use this Receiver with a pair of this SP6CII?? I will use the Receiver with 2 loudspeakers SP6CII e one subwoofer.
Resultaten voor ""